Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Veterans Day...a little late.

Yesterday was pretty obvious…I was (and always will be) thankful for our incredible service men and women. Specifically, I am thankful for the men in my family who have served…my grandfather, my dad, my uncle, several extended family members, and my third cousin who gave his life last year. Thank you to each and every one of you.

Today I’m thankful for friends, both old and new. My friend, Sam, invited me to go out to a girls dinner on Thursday night. It was a great time to get out and socialize with women in the same life stage I’m in. Most of them are stay at home moms, so we had a lot of great conversations about our kids, past jobs, and of course our husbands…don’t worry guys, it was all good stuff.

I love being at home with my family. I love making a fabulous dinner that I know Joe will oooh and aaah over, and I love sitting down as a family and eating together. But it’s still really nice to get out of the house and just hang out with the ladies. It’s nice to not deal with cutting up food into small pieces, or making sure that enough is eaten so we won’t get home and hear, “I’m hungry!”

I only knew a few of the women there, so it was good to meet new people. The hope is to make this a monthly tradition, so I’m looking forward to getting to know them better.

No comments: