Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ahhh…Saturday

Today I am abundantly thankful for wonderful Saturday’s spent with my awesome family! This morning we woke up and had a yummy breakfast of biscuits and gravy. I had made them several years ago and since Janet can’t eat gluten she couldn’t enjoy the southern goodness, so this time she brought her own gluten free biscuits and I made gluten free gravy, so Janet got to enjoy the pleasure of a traditional southern breakfast. It was delicious…if I do say so myself.

I had to play the role of mean wife and tell Joe he couldn’t go hunting this weekend. Rarely do I put my foot down on things like this, but I really did it for his own good. He’s had a crazy week of campaigning in southern VA at the beginning of the week, staying up ALL NIGHT on Tuesday to watch the polls come in, 2 full days of lawyer activities on Wednesday and Thursday, and working on Friday. Add to all of that Ella’s cold which he caught, and the guy seriously needed some R&R. So I told him he was staying at home today…he didn’t fight back which tells me he was really tired and knew he needed some rest.

This afternoon we took Ella to her first real concert…Veggie Tales Live. Oh yes! Unfortunately Grammy Janet couldn’t come with us because I bought the tickets several months ago and we didn’t know she’d be here. I think she was much more excited about the concert than Joe and I were! Ella had a great time and sang along to nearly every song and danced to many of them. Her eyes were glued on the characters and she wouldn’t look away for a second. It was so cute!

It was a wonderful day spent with my terrific family. I am so blessed!

No comments: