Monday, December 22, 2008

Growing Girl

When Ella turned 6 months old I went to the store to buy her new pajamas. I searched 3 different stores and wasn’t able to find anything in her size! 3 months later, I went to the store and there was a plethora of 6-9 month pajamas, but nothing for 9-12 months. 3 months later, you guessed it, I couldn’t find anything for 12-18 months. Yesterday I went to two different stores and once again I found a TON of 12-18 month pajamas, but only 1 set of pajamas for 18-24 months! And from the looks of it, 2T seems way too big. This is extremely frustrating! Apparently I have a kid that is the same size as every other kid out there.

The good news in all this is that Ella is growing. She has the most adorable fat belly on her, that Joe and I LOVE! The problem is that none of her 12-18 month shirts will fit over it, and getting her dressed in clothes that are almost too small is very difficult. So now we find ourselves in a situation. Ella is too big for the 12-18 month clothes, but too small for the 18-24 month clothes. I guess we will resort to putting her in the 18-24 month clothes and just rolling up the cuffs. We go to the doctor in a few weeks so we’ll know exactly how big she is!

Her favorite Christmas object, by far, is the snowman. She loves them! That might be because I love snowmen so that is what the basement is decorated in, but every time she sees one she gets so excited and says, “Hi Snowman!” This weekend a couple from church brought her a snowman that sings “Frosty the Snowman” and lights up. She absolutely loves that toy! She cuddles it and carries him around all over downstairs. Just last night she walked right over to it and gave Frosty a big kiss followed by a hug. She’s such a sweet girl.

No comments: