Tuesday, December 2, 2008

History has been made

This morning Ella did something she’s never done. As I was leaving the house Joe was holding her. I had my coat on and was walking out the door when she started calling to me and holding out her arms. I went over and we did “family” (a group hug) and she said “bye mommy.” As I was walking out the door I heard the tears start, but I thought ‘she’s with her dad so she’ll be fine.’ A few minutes later Joe called me and apparently as soon as I walked out the door Ella started crying and calling for me and in his words “totally flipping out.” I shouldn’t say it, but I was glad to hear about this! She cries when I leave sometimes, but only when Joe isn’t around. If he’s anywhere in the area then she’s fine. So knowing that she actually wanted me instead of Joe was a good feeling. I, of course, don't like knowing that my precious girl was sad, but I do like knowing that she wanted me. I don’t know if it will happen again, but for today I am Ella’s favorite.

No comments: