Friday, August 22, 2008

Moving Day

We currently have two houses, both of which are in complete shambles! One is full of boxes that need to be unpacked, and the other is full of stuff that needs to be put in boxes. Luckily our two homes are only about 2 blocks apart, so all week Joe has been taking van loads of stuff to the new place. Almost the entire kitchen is over there now, and all of the decorations in the living room.

Tomorrow is the main moving day. We have friends coming over and a truck borrowed to move all the big furniture. According to Joe we have to be done by 5:00 pm so that he can go to his NFL Fantasy Football draft. Of course he couldn’t miss that! Hopefully we’ll be done by 5:00 and Ella and I will be able to work on unpacking boxes all night.

When I was in 7th grade my family moved across town. I remember my mom saying that a move across the country was easier than a move across town. This is my 3rd move in town (all within a 2 mile radius), and I have to say that I agree with her. With all my moves in Alexandria I have waited until the last minute to pack (mainly because I didn’t want to waste vacation days just to pack). All of them have been done incrementally, one load here, another load there, come back in a few days to clean the old place, etc. And all of them have seemed to last forever! I think that moving to a new town would be easier. You pack everything up and load it onto a truck, usually done in one day. You get to your destination and take everything off of the truck and start to unpack. It sounds better to me.

Who knows when the computer will be set up, so this may be my last post for several days. Hopefully we’ll be quick in getting things set up so that we don’t live in clutter for months on end.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. Joe seemed to skip the illness altogether. I am finally getting my voice back, but I still have the nagging cough, and Ella has a runny nose. Other than that we’re all feeling much better.

No comments: