Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lights Out!

After another storm Monday afternoon, the power went out again at home…and at my office. Of course I was on a conference call when the lights went out, so I was sitting at my desk in the dark (even the generator went out so we didn’t have emergency lighting) and I was taking notes by the light of my blackberry. Of course this meant that the hall and stairwell were pitch black and rather eerie, so 10 of us formed a line with our cell phones/blackberries and walked down the stairs together…all 5 flights. Luckily the power at our house came back on in the middle of the night, but my office remained without electricity for a total of 19 hours, resulting in a non-snow closure Tuesday. When I returned today I was very happy to see that my ice cream dibs were still in tact and edible.

The office closure meant that I was able to stay home and play with Dancerella. I also got to spend some quality time at the mall and grocery store before picking my parents up from the airport.

GiGi and Paw Paw arrived Tuesday afternoon and of course Ella was very shy in seeing them again. It has been awhile so she didn’t remember them and just buried her head into my chest for the first several minutes. Finally Paw Paw showed her a special present that perked her up and opened the door for some quality play time. All the way from Wyoming GiGi and Paw Paw brought Ella a stuffed dog. She loves her new doggie and for the rest of the night she would hug and kiss her dog and kept saying “doggie” and “woof” over and over again. Needless to say she is very into doggies. She even slept in her special pink doggie jams.

Once Ella warmed up to GiGi and Paw Paw she was fine. She would play peek-a-boo with Paw Paw and read her doggie book with GiGi. She showed them how she is the master crawler and how she can pull herself up on all the furniture. Paw Paw had a good time singing songs to Ella and playing them on her xylophone. And she even said bye-bye when they left for the night. I think all parties involved had a good time.

Tonight Grammy Janet arrives. We’ll go through the same shyness, but soon Ella will warm up and show Grammy her doggie.

No comments: