Thursday, March 13, 2014

I'm totally that mom

Remember this post several years ago?  You probably notice that Ella is still wearing big bows in her hair.  Yes, she's almost 7 years old.  As long as she's ok with wearing them then I'm still going to put them in her hair.

But now that there are 2 children in the picture, I've totally become another kind of "that mom."  Now I'm the kind of mom that loves for my kids to wear matching clothes.  Ok, maybe not completely matching, but definitely coordinating.

 So cute!  Too bad AJ has already outgrown this awesome red tie shirt.

 Adorable kids on Valentines Day.  Too bad school had been cancelled due to a blizzard, so no one besides Joe and me got to see them looking so cute.

I especially love the coordinating Big Sister, Little Brother t-shirts.  Ella loves advertising that she's a big sister, so she is always proud to wear this shirt.

If I thought I could get away with it I would dress them in matching clothes every Sunday for church.  I can feel some of you rolling your eyes through the computer.

My newest dilemma is Easter.  Obviously they must coordinate, but it's really hard to find clothes in size 6 and size 6-9 months.  At this point I might just have to go for something in seersucker and hope for the best.  The obvious next question is, do Joe and I get clothes to match too?  Easter is the one time a year we could actually get away with that, but I don't want to be over-the-top cheesy.

Ahh, the problems that a mother of 2 faces.  After all of this intense thinking I'm going to need a nap!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for yellow or green. It's a blessing this year that Easter is so late, maybe we won't be wearing our winter coats that Sunday.

Love the bows too!

Michelle Farley said...

My kids are 21, 17, 15 and 13. We all six coordinate on Easter. ;) I chose a color and we all get coordinating clothes in that hue/color scheme.

Michelle

sakkeller said...

Gymboree, crazy 8 and childrens place often have matching special occasion outfits. My kids are 12, 7, 4 and 12 months and I do this for pictures. Hanna Andersson is also great for this :) have fun.