Saturday, November 17, 2012

Celebration of Thanks

There has been something I've dreamed about since I decided that I wanted to be a mom...school programs.  I don't remember having a lot of school programs when I was growing up.  I remember one where I played a bird and I had 1 line, "Help!  Help!"  I remember going to see my brother in something when he was in about 5th grade, but that's it.  Other than basic choir concerts, or high school theater productions, I don't remember having what I would consider a "school program."

I love the idea of school programs.  I love the idea of a bunch of kids standing on a stage in paper costumes that they made and singing songs their teacher has made up.  I love the idea of kids practicing for a long time, then finally getting to perform it for their parents.

So today, I finally got to fully experience my first elementary school program as a mom.  When the teacher sent around a note asking for volunteers, I happily responded with a willingness to arrive an hour early.  I arrived with camera in hand ready to capture each and every moment of this event.  Ella had told me her special lines and sung me a few of her favorite songs, so I was excited to get to see it all come together.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

All of the kids did such a great job!  They sang loud and spoke clearly so we all could understand them.  It was so cute and I am SO happy that Ella has such a great kindergarten teacher that goes to great lengths to give the kids great experiences like this one.  This is only one of the events she has on the calendar for the year, so now I'm extra excited to see what else she has up her sleeve.

In case you don't know the true Thanksgiving story, here it is presented by Ella's kindergarten class.  Be sure to be on lookout for child #7.


 

In this video I almost missed Ella's big moment!  She was Turkey #1


 

Here is Ella telling us what she's thankful for.  It was at this point in the program where Metti and I started laughing.




We laughed so hard because Ella said she was thankful for her pets.  Just in case you're not aware, Ella doesn't have any pets.  In fact, a few weeks ago I asked her what she would like Santa to bring her and she said, "Maybe this year Santa will finally bring me a dog!"  After the program I asked her which pets she was thankful for and she said she's thankful for her fish.  Well, at least I know Ella the fish, Belle and Elvis aren't neglected.

And finally, this is Ella's favorite song from the program.  She sang it to me all afternoon.



As you can see, the show was totally awesome!  I got every song and poem on video, so there's much more to see in the photos link.  It was so much fun to be a part of it all.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Katie, I love these videos. Ella is looking so good and of course she is still so precious. Hope your family has an awesome Thanksgiving. You have so much to be thankful for. Give Ella a big hug for me. Take care. Love and Peace Leah, Tabby and Rachel's Nana

Unknown said...

The program was awesome and the teachers should be applauded for their dedication.

Ella has matured so much in such a short time. She looks so comfortable on stage and with her peers.

Praise God that she has such wonderful parents and great teachers.