Friday, May 27, 2011

We made it!

Last Thursday was Ella’s last day of preschool. Remember this post? Well, here we are 9 months later, and we have made it! I can’t believe we made it a whole year. She has grown up so much. Her thoughts and words are on a completely different level than they were at the beginning of the year. She has friends! She’s much more of a little girl, and not so much of a toddler. She’s really growing up.

I cried her first day of school and I’m shocked that I didn’t cry her last. I think it’s because we were so busy getting ready to head up to NJ that I didn’t have time to really focus on what was going on. We finished the day with a pizza party with her class. Ella (and all of the kids) were very excited about it! She kept mentioning it all day and apparently at school the kids talked about how they were going to get pizza. The pizza party was a lot of fun (muddy, but fun).

I’m excited to spend the summer with Ella! This will be our first real summer together. Last summer I spent a lot of time planning activities for Ella and Metti to do together, so it has been fun planning activities for Ella and ME. I’m excited to play games and go to movies. I’m excited to plan play dates. I’m excited to find fun activities for us to do during the day. I’m excited to take her to Joe’s office and maybe go out to lunch together. It’s going to be a fun time hanging out together and having “Mommy and Ella days.”

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Katie: I told you 9 months ago it would be so good for Ella and you for her to spread her wings. I am so proud of you both. Your amazing daughter is growing up and becoming such a wonderful little girl.
Have fun at N.J. and have a great weekend. Give Ella a hug for me. Take care guys. Love and hugs Leah's Nana