Wednesday, April 6, 2011

No Internet...Boo!

**I have tried posting this 3 separate times and each time the library computer merges my post into one giant paragraph. Please know that this is not on purpose. We have no internet at home. Something happened between Sunday evening and Monday morning and we have now lost our connection to the world. No email. No facebook. No skype. No life. For the past 2 days I've made it to the library to check email. Coming to the library for email is like going to a laundromat to do laundry. It's weird. You're surrounded by strangers who at any given moment could be looking over your shoulder reading your private thoughts. Like at the laundromat...a stranger could be caught looking at your clothes...gasp! Or worse...your underwear! Anyway, all that to say, this post will be short. I just wanted to let you know that we haven't fallen off the face of the earth. We are here and kickin', we just don't have internet. Monday night we lost a member of the family...we sold my 1999 Toyota Corolla, Duane. While I did get a bit sentimental, I didn't cry. Duane was my first big, adult purchase. I picked him out myself (with the help of my friend Steve), I qualified for the car loan myself...no cosigners. And I paid for him myself. He was a great car and served me well, but it was time to pass the torch. I turned in his licensplates today. Now we're officially a 1 car family. Ella is doing great, like always. I do have a little prayer request. She has a wound on her chest that she's had for nearly 2 months. Every time I get it to heal, it opens back up within a day. It's starting to look really rough and I've tried all my "go to" treatments. Please pray that it heals quickly and stays healed. Thanks. Other than that Ella is doing great and truckin' along like her normal, adorable self. My hope is that we have our internet back up and running by the end of the week, which will put me back in touch with what's going on and allow me to post something a bit more substantial than this. In the meantime, I hope you're all doing well and having a great week. And let me give a shout out to the 80 degree weather DC had on Monday...HOLLA. It was awesome!

No comments: