Monday, February 28, 2011

Fun in the south

Sunday we headed to church. Ella loves going to church, and that didn’t change just because we were someplace new. She doesn’t go to the nursery but instead stays with us in “big church.” She gets so excited every Sunday to go to church. I think it’s mainly for the singing (she gets to sing with a full orchestra and big choir…who wouldn’t love that?) but whenever church is over Ella is not a happy camper. She doesn’t cry or anything, she just says that she doesn’t want to leave…then she asks to go out to eat at a restaurant. Well, the Sunday we were in Shreveport Ella pulled a stunt that only Ella could pull.

We attended the service and it was great, but at the end they were having communion (for those who aren’t Baptist, we don’t do communion every Sunday. It usually happens once a quarter or something along those lines). Since I had taken communion at my church the week before, and Ella was starting to get a bit restless and was consistently telling me how thirsty she was, I decided to sneak out and get Ella some water and fresh air. Well, that was a mistake. When we came back in she was NOT happy to see that the service was over. A complete tantrum ensued. I think she felt like since she missed the last song, she couldn’t go home. We tried everything to calm her down, including riding the “church train” (a golf cart type thing that takes people to their cars) and mommy and Ella singing alone. None of it works, so Ella cried the entire way home. When we got back to the house I changed her clothes, put on her Veggie Tales DVD and stuck her in the room alone until she calmed down. Eventually she pulled herself together and came out to join the rest of the family for lunch. That child definitely has a mind of her own.

We had a great time with the family (including my brother and his family who came for the weekend) and planned our Christmas trip for December 2011. Ella is especially excited because we’re going to Cinderella’s house…yep, Disney World here we come! We have a few months to wait, so we can’t get too excited.

We headed back to Texas Tuesday morning. I was sad to say goodbye to Maw Maw and Paw Paw, but I am so thankful that Ella and I were able to spend time with them. We left Tuesday with enough time to stop by and see my maternal grandfather, Big Daddy. He is such a sweet man and I loved spending time with him.

The afternoon was spent talking with a potential EB family (more on that later) and having an awesome pizza dinner with all of my extended family. All of my cousins and their spouses and kids came, as well as my uncles and aunts. I love getting together with everyone and it makes me sad that we live so far away. Ella was great with everyone and performed yet another concert for the family.

We had so much fun and were sad to leave the south (and the 70 degree weather), but we were also happy to get back home to daddy. He missed us.

No comments: