Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ella-isms

We have a funny kid…I don’t know if you know that or not, but she really is funny. And the older she gets the funnier she gets. Here are a few funny things she’s said the past few days.

A woman comes once a month to check in with Metti and make sure that Ella still qualifies for Medicaid. She came yesterday. Whenever Ella hears a knock on the door she thinks that it’s Grammy Janet, so when the woman came in Ella looked at her and said, “That’s not Grammy Janet! That’s an OLD LADY!”

We have been talking a lot about Ella starting preschool next year and trying to get her excited to go. Whenever we go anywhere if we see kids walking we say that they are going to school. So on Monday Ella and I were in the car and she saw some kids walking and she said, “Those kids are going to school.” “Yes” I replied. “Do you want to go to school?” To which Ella said, “Uh…no thank you.” So then I asked if she wanted daddy to go to school, and she said, “Uh…no thank you.” So I asked the next obvious question, “Do you want mommy to go to school?” And Ella replied with a very enthusiastic, “OK!!!”

Metti and I went to wrap her poor little pinky today (that’s a whole other story) and when we were wrapping she looked at it and said, “Oh gosh!” This is just proof that we have to watch everything we say around her! Luckily we don’t use swear words, otherwise we’d be in major trouble. She has also been known to use the words ‘gross’ and ‘crap.’

Ella has recently started calling us ‘mom’ and ‘dad’ instead of the standard ‘mommy’ and ‘daddy.’ I wasn’t too happy about this transition, so in an effort to beat her at her own game, when Ella would call me ‘mom’ I would respond by calling her ‘El.’ Well, my trick backfired on me. Now when I call her Ella she corrects me and says, “El!”

1 comment:

Kristy said...

She is just too cute! SO glad you have these written down to remember to tell her when she is older!