Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Day!!!

Yesterday the Murray family had a bonus day together. Metti called early in the morning and was unable to get her car out of the snow, which meant that one of us had to stay home. Joe soon got an email that his office was on a 2 hour delay, and I called my office and decided to work from home for the day (although I did have an afternoon meeting). This meant we got to stay home and play! I had great visions of taking Ella out into the snow and letting her run around and throw snow at Daddy. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. Time slipped away and before we knew it I was headed out to my meeting and Ella was down for her nap. Oh well, it was a fun day anyway.

GiGi came back this weekend to hang out. We took her to Valentino’s for Friday night pizza, and Saturday she went with Ella and me to Target to pick up a few things, mainly we got the Elmo Potty Time video. Sunday we went to church and then to Fuddruckers for lunch. Ella loved playing with GiGi! They played cards with my Elvis cards, and Ella would put all the 2’s in one pile and the 4’s in a separate pile, and so on. They also loved blowing kisses to each other and passing kisses through doggie. GiGi left on Sunday afternoon and luckily her plane left just in time to miss the snow. It was so much fun having her visit and we can’t wait until both GiGi and Paw Paw come back in a few months!

As far as potty training goes, I realize that it is way too soon to start potty training, but I at least want to start getting the thought in Ella’s head. This weekend she learned what a potty is and when you ask her where the potty is she’ll point to it. The Elmo video is hysterical! They have this whole section where they talk about the different names for going potty and every time I watch it I totally crack up! Who says wee wee and woo woo? That’s just crazy.

I hate to end on a sad note, but last July I asked you all to pray for a new EB baby in Florida. Unfortunately this little guy had quite the battle and he put up a good fight. This morning he went home to be with his heavenly father where his skin is perfect and flawless. Please keep Jameson’s family in your prayers as they deal with this loss.

1 comment:

FinsUp said...

http://patriceandmattwilliams.blogspot.com/

You are probably already aware of this family's story, but I stumbled upon their blog. I didn't know about EB until connecting with your story through Matt and Dana. It is amazing to see the EB community flocking to the comfort and aid of this young couple and their son.