Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm officially a Mom

It's official...after 17 months of having Ella in our lives I have truely reached motherhood. Do you know how I know? Because today I went to lunch with a friend who has a daughter just a few months younger than Ella. While our lunch conversation revolved around several different subjects, at one point we actually talked about Ginny's puke and Ella's poop. Nice, huh. The worst part about it was that neither of us seemed to mind and we continued with our lunch as though nothing was strange. I guess the sign of officially being a mom is that bodily function conversation at lunch is perfectly acceptable.

On a less gross note, we leave tomorrow for my cousin's house in Durham, NC for Thanksgiving. It will be great to see that part of my family. I just hope that we leave early enough to miss most of the traffic. That could make for a very long and terrible drive. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

The Florida Morgans! said...

Wonderful isn't it!

Wish I had known you guys were coming to NC - we could have planned to meet up!! If you get this and you guys are still here - let me know and we can get together, if you have time!!!!