Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gearing up for the weekend

There are a few new videos in the picture section. My favorite one is of her singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider. She learned it from Elmo, of course, and her favorite part is “out came the sun” when she can put her hands on her face like the sun. I want to teach her more kids songs with motions but for some reason I can't seem to remember any other than I'm a Little Teapot. Any suggestions? Another of the videos is of Ella playing with her baseball and bat toy. Of course Joe is very proud of her hand eye coordination and how she already knows that the bat is used to hit the ball. I just hope that she doesn’t figure out that the bat can be used to hit other things too.

Tomorrow night Beck and I have a very special date. We are going to Elvis Fest at our church! Needless to say, I saw that the church was having this event and knew right away that I was going. Joe graciously offered to stay home and take care of Ella so that I could go…I think it was more his way of getting out of going. So Beck agreed to be my date and go with me. We may be the youngest ones there, but I don’t really care. I just need to get out my Elvis t-shirt and brush up on my Elvis knowledge for the trivia game, then I’ll be good to go. I’m so glad because in this last move the thought of getting rid of my Elvis shirt actually crossed my mind. At the last minute I decided that I would keep it because you never know when something like that will come in handy. Man, that was a close one! And thank heavens Beck has a cool job and got to go to Graceland with the Prime Minister of Japan who gave her some Elvis sunglasses!

This weekend Joe has planned a short family get-away to the Baltimore Inner Harbor. We’ve been talking about going up there since we got married, so he decided that this weekend was the perfect time. He even got us tickets to go to the Aquarium and see the dolphin show. Now that the weather is cooling off and the humidity is gone, it’s much more pleasant to get Ella out and do fun things like this. The summer is brutal for her, so we spend most of our time inside. Kids are great, you always have the perfect excuse to do child-like things! Hopefully in the next few weeks we’ll be able to go to a pumpkin patch and get some yummy apple cider!

4 comments:

Darla Tomes said...

Yeah, have fun without me, your original Elvis date! Too bad I won't be there with you because with us together, we'd kill everyone at the Elvis trivia game. I'm not sure you have a chance with Becky as your trivia partner on this subject :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are planning a weekend get away. Enjoy and having a wonderful time together. Love you guys much!

Dana

Paige said...

James' favorite song is "Wheels on the Bus" and you can add gestures if you want. Joella is sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

What about Patty cake for a song with motions?