Monday, November 15, 2010

Wowzers!

Yes, yes, I know I’ve been a bit of a slacker. I’ll try to be better. I hope you all had a terrific weekend.

Saturday I was thankful for Target…yes, the store. I know it sounds silly, but Target is the greatest store on the planet! I feel sorry for the people that don’t have a Target near them. Saturday Joe was hunting with his buddies, so Ella and I took a trip to Target. I was able to get celery and onions for the soup I made for dinner, as well as toilet paper, garbage bags, and even a Cat in the Hat shirt for Ella (yes, I got some other things too). I love that Target is one stop shopping and I can get all of those random things at one place together. I could (and sometimes do) spend hours in Target just walking around and checking out all the stuff they have to offer. The best is the dollar section! Anyway, you get it. Saturday I was thankful for Target.

Yesterday I was thankful for the beautiful weather! It has been absolutely glorious around here! Yesterday I took a little time to start my Christmas shopping and I was able to go to an outdoor shopping center and walk all over the place in the beautiful sun. I just soaked it all in. At the same time, Joe and Ella went to the park. Thank the Lord for beautiful Sunday afternoons and gorgeous weather to spend outside!

Today I am thankful for jeans…yes, blue jeans. You wouldn’t understand unless you’ve worked in a job where you wore a suit nearly every day for almost 7 years. Yep, that was me. When I was on the hill I wore a suit almost every day (minus recess and some Fridays) and at the ADA I wore a suit a majority of the time, but not every day (although I was dressed up on the days I wasn’t wearing a suit). The other day I was talking with a friend and she said that she was going shopping for new work clothes, and yesterday I was at Old Navy and the woman behind me in line was talking about how she needed new work clothes. With both of these conversations I thought to myself, “Oh, I am so glad I get to wear jeans every day!”

When I started my new SAHM gig, I only owned 3 pair of jeans and all of them were hand-me-downs from friends. 2 pair didn’t fit well and 1 pair was on its last leg, but I only wore them on Saturday’s, so it wasn’t a big deal. My first week as a SAHM my mom took me out and bought me 2 new pair of jeans. I love them and now I wear jeans every day…except Sunday. I finally realize what I was missing out on my whole working career! I love my jeans!

In other Murray happenings, Ella has been learning a lot at preschool. She has learned a couple of new words which personally I find hilarious. My favorite is "Wowzers!" Another favorite is "Yikes!" She also constantly talks about "the nother kids." When she tells me all about their story that day (and I usually get every detail) she'll say that "the nother kids laughed" or "the nother kids said 'yuck!" Today she was very excited because they had a party for one of her friends birthday.

Often times I wish that we had a hidden camera in our house just so people could see how funny Ella is. I also wish we had one in the car so that people could listen to her on our ride home from church school. She talks NON-STOP! I love every minute of it!

No comments: