Wednesday, November 17, 2010

PW and Facebook

Yesterday I was thankful for Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman. If you have no idea who I’m talking about, then you MUST check out her website. She’s hysterical, takes great pictures, and has amazing recipes. Yesterday I was specifically thankful for her because I wanted to make a chicken dish (after Joe got his antelope we’ve been eating a lot of red meat), so I pulled out my PW cookbook to see what she had to offer. There is was, my heaven sent recipe for the night…Chicken Spaghetti. It took awhile to make, but it wasn’t hard, just time consuming (it was mainly the chicken prep then the final baking that took the most time). In the end it was delicious! I strongly recommend that anyone who needs some great cooking ideas check out her blog. And if you’re not a great cook, don’t worry. She posts step by step pictures of how things are supposed to look as you go along (they are VERY helpful). And let me make one last point…her food is “Man Friendly.” I asked Joe to go through her cookbook and mark the recipes he wanted me to make…this is how the cookbook was returned to me.

Yes, every one of those little purple tabs is a recipe Joe wants me to make. I'm slowly making my way through.

Today I am thankful for Facebook. I love Facebook! Anyone who is friends with me on Facebook knows that I spend a lot of time on there (probably more than I should). I love Facebook because it has given me the wonderful opportunity to connect with hundreds of people from my church, previous work, and home…but more than that it gives me the opportunity to connect with several of my friends from the past. People who I have thought about time and time again over the years, but never knew what happened to them.

I love that I can log in and in just a few minutes I can see what is happening in many of my friends lives, from Washington state to Florida. I love that I can look at pictures of their kids, spouses and pets. I love that I can post something funny Ella said and within minutes I have 10 people “like” her comment. I love the cheesy games (I know, I know…they’re a waste of time). I love that I now have IF’s and IRLF’s (Internet Friends and In Real Life Friends). I just love Facebook.

I have been able to connect with one of my best friends from elementary school. She moved to PA when we were in 4th or 5th grade (I can’t remember) and I always wondered how she was doing. We’re now Facebook friends and she’s married with 2 adorable kids.

I am able to stay connected with so many wonderful friends from Casper (some who still live there, and some that don’t). I love knowing what they’re up to. It brings part of home directly to me.

I’m able to meet hundreds of EB families that I otherwise wouldn’t get to know.

I'm even able to be a "fan" of the Pioneer Woman so I know what she's up to every minute of the day! Ok, not really, but I am a "fan" of hers.

Today I am thankful for Facebook. :)

No comments: