Sunday, November 18, 2007

Ella's New Friend

Just a quick update on the famous girl in the family. That’s Ella, for those of you who were unsure. God answered yet another prayer for us last week. Ella was approved to receive Medicaid benefits, thus providing us with home health care. Needless to say, the schedule we had just wasn’t working. Basically, I worked all day while Joe was home with Ella trying to squeeze studying in during naps. Well, Ella isn’t much of a napper, so that wasn’t working out so well. If he was lucky he’d get an hour or 2 of studying in, and that’s not anywhere near enough for law school. Then Joe would load Ella up and he and I would meet half way between home and my office to do the switch off. We met in a parking lot in Pentagon City where we’d move Ella from Joe’s car to my car, say hi and goodbye all in one breath, then part ways once again. If I was running just a few minutes late or got caught in traffic, then Joe would usually end up being late to class. And all this happened to fall right in the time Ella likes to have her early evening snack and quick nap. We learned very quickly that this wasn’t working! Both of us were stressed to the max!

Ella got approved for Medicaid and within a few days we had home health care in place. Metti started last Monday and she has been a complete God-send. By the second day Joe and I both felt like an enormous weight had been lifted off of our shoulders! Joe is no longer stressed about study time because he knows that every afternoon Metti is going to be here to care for Ella and he can get some good studying in. This also makes their time together in the morning much more quality. I no longer stress about leaving work exactly on time and getting caught in traffic and ultimately making Joe late for class. I know that Ella is safe in her own house with Metti. The best part is that every night when Metti leaves she kisses Ella’s head and says “I will miss you!” That is exactly what a mom wants to hear.

My only worry with having Metti around is that Ella is going to get used to being the center of attention. I think she already has gotten used to it!

2 comments:

Katherine Klegin said...

Wow! That is such a relief, I know! It was good to see y'all at church on Sunday. It had been a while since we'd been there. Ella is growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! I am so glad that benefit kicked in for your family.