Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Celebration of Laura Moutray's Life

Yesterday, our friend Laura Moutray lost her year-and-a-half battle to breast cancer. We were saddened to learn that she had passed away leaving behind her wonderful husband Chad, and their beautiful little 2 year old, Charlotte. We met the Moutray's right after our Ella was born through mutual friends at Church, but in the few months since that time, we sensed a stronger-than-usual friendship bond between our families.

Chad mentioned on a few occasions how uplifting it was for Laura to follow on about Ella and her progress on this blog, and we all got together for pizza one Sunday afternoon about six weeks ago just to hang out. We are grateful for the time we spent with Laura and for knowing that our beautiful, precious little jewel made Laura happy.

Chad mentioned he and their entire family are comforted knowing that Laura is in a better place in heaven as the cancer had caused her significant suffering.

We pray for Chad, Charlotte, and their entire family asking God to bless them with comfort during this grieving time.

5 comments:

DT said...

While I didn't know Laura at all, it was through Ella that I met Chad. After Ella was born, there was a special Tuesday night prayer service for both Ella and Laura. After it was over, I was leaving and Chad came over and introduced himself to me and thanked me for all I was doing for you guys! After all he was going through, he was thinking about and praying for Ella. He mentioned to me how much Laura enjoyed keeping up with Ella. They are obviously wonderful people, and it was such a tragedy for Laura's life to be ended so early by cancer. My heart and prayers go out to Charlotte and Chad right now.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this...a celebration of Laura's life. I knew Laura since I was a very young girl (since I was about 5 or 6) - she lived in the house over the fence of my backyard for many years. I was trying to find Laura online since I had not seen her since maybe 1984.. and found out yesterday about her passing. I'm sorry for your loss but also its sweet to see you celebrating her life. It was also sweet to read yor post because it was like a small window into seeing something of Laura as an adult. I will be praying for her family.

falls church health care center said...

1987(16) and 1988(17)

Anonymous said...

Here's the solving of the riddle left on October 26th 2012.

Laura had two abortions in 1987 (when she was 16 years old) and another in 1988 (when she was 17 years old). These surgeries to destroy her pregnancies, along with a long smoking habit, strongly contributed to her getting Cancer and dying at the young age of 36. You didn't know this? Now you do. (Posted because I don't believe people should ask "why" their loved ones died).

PuzzleSolver said...

Here’s the solving of the puzzle left on October 26th 2012:

Laura had two abortions in her early life. One in 1987 (when she was 16 years old) and another in 1988 (when she was 17 years old). These surgeries to destroy her pregnancies, along with long-lasting smoking and drinking habits, strongly contributed to her getting Cancer and dying from it at the young age of 36. I too knew Laura very well because I was her steady boyfriend when she was eighteen (I was not responsible for her pregnancies or her abortions). The reason I posted this explanation is because I don’t believe people should ask “why” their loved ones died. Laura’s death is no mystery. I was not surprised. And neither was she.