Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fun Times at the Murray House

First and foremost, thank you all for your prayers for us. Ella’s pinky is looking much better…almost like a “normal” pinky. It’s almost completely healed, and as soon as it is we are going to address some other areas of her hands. I think I have a plan for how to wrap her fingers, but right now I’m just wondering if we keep them wrapped all the time, or just at night, or just 1-2 days a week. I just don’t know. Anyway, thank you so much for your prayers!

Last Thursday Metti had an all day meeting, so I stayed home with Ella. We went to story time at the library and she LOVED it! Unfortunately we arrived too late to join the story time, so Ella and I just walked around and looked at all the books, and played a Barney game on the computer. She had so much fun and talked about it all day. When Joe came home she told him all about reading the book about fishies and playing the Barney game on the “pecuter.” Since she had so much fun, I went and got a car seat for Metti’s car and today she and Ella are going to story time. It will be good for both of them to get out of the house.

Friday afternoon I (along with our good friend Becky) headed to Williamsburg for our church’s Women’s Retreat. This was the first year that I was able to attend, so I was pretty excited. I knew that I’d get the opportunity to meet some new people and get to know acquaintances better. Because I have such a wonderful husband, Joe told me that rather than share a room I could splurge and get a room to myself. So not only did I get to spend some quality time with other women from our church, but I also got a nice little rest too. I am so glad that I went and I had a great time with everyone.

Meanwhile, back at Chez Murray, Joe and Ella were having a grand time! Because Joe’s the dad and he wants nothing more than to make his daughter happy, he let her do almost anything she wanted to. It started on Friday night when Joe ordered pizza for dinner. Ella loves pizza! On Saturday morning Joe went to change Ella’s clothes and all she wanted to wear was pajamas. So, he went to the closet and got a clean pair of pajamas, and put them on Ella. Hey, at least they were clean. Then they headed to Old Town to ride the choo choos. You know that this is one of Ella’s favorite activities. After riding the choo choos around for awhile, they stopped at a restaurant to have lunch. Ella got spaghetti…another favorite. And, since she’s her daddy’s favorite girl, she also got a brownie with ice cream. They had a great morning together and Ella fell asleep on the way home from all the activities.

Of course whenever I called home they were doing things that I would NEVER allow had I been home...pajamas all day, playing with the giant bubbles in the house, etc. But I know that Ella had a ton of fun with her dad. In fact, after I got home on Sunday afternoon, Joe needed to run an errand. Ella cried for him the entire time he was gone. Yeah...she hasn't seen me in 2 days and has been with her dad non-stop for 2 days, yet she still cried for him. Oh well.

It was nice to have a little break, but I missed my family. Ella is so precious and I love coming home to that sweet face…and Joe’s cute too. :)


Shanley said...

I had no idea you guys had a blog! I will be checking in on you now! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Ella's sweet little hands and guidance for you guys. On another note, Sam totally wants his daddy over me. At first it stung, but then I figured- hey, if he wants his daddy I can get a break! Take care Murray family!