Monday, December 15, 2008

Nose!

I’ve heard of it happening, I’ve even SEEN it happen, but given that Ella is a pretty calm and gentle child, I never expected it from her. However, last night she did the unthinkable! She was eating her dinner, yummy carrots and peaches, while GiGi and I were cleaning up the kitchen. She was oddly quiet, so I peeked my head around the corner to check on her. There she was, right in the middle of shoving a carrot up her nose! I grabbed her hand and said “NO!” Then I told her she was all done with dinner. Ella just smiled at me and gave a little Ella laugh. Of course I immediately took her upstairs to daddy to tell Joe what HIS daughter was doing (my sweet daughter would never do something like that). Needless to say I’m going to pay much closer attention to dinner time for Ella.

To add to Ella’s “nosey” weekend, she was having a great time walking down the hall and into the living room, when she completely biffed it on the floor. I thought for sure we would have another major head boo boo, but no, this one hit her nose. She rubbed off all the skin on her nose. I rushed her upstairs to the boo boo area and quickly pulled the skin back over her nose (sounds gross, I know). For the rest of the day I tried to keep the skin over her nose to protect it and hopefully reattach so the wound would heal better. Luckily it worked! I’ve tried this with her head several times and it never works, but this time it worked and her nose looks much better than it would if the skin would have stayed off. And hopefully healing time is reduced. This walking business is very hard!

It has been a very busy weekend with GiGi, Paw Paw, Uncle Curby, Aunt Gina, Sam and Nate all visiting. GiGi and Paw Paw arrived Wednesday night and the Burbs (AKA: Uncle Curby, Aunt Gina, Sam and Nate) all got here Friday afternoon. Friday night Paw Paw, and the grown up Burbs and I went to see the Living Christmas Tree at our church. It was a wonderful performance and the choir sang just as beautifully as always.

Saturday was the Alexander Christmas. We had an almost traditional Christmas dinner, and then opened presents. The best was that Ella got a rocker, which she loves. It’s pink and white stripes with flowers, and “Joella” written on the back. She loves to rock and often will sing the “rockie” song when we’re sitting together rocking. So she immediately got on the rocker and started singing “rockie” over and over again, and rocking back and forth. She loves her new rocker.

It was a great weekend with my family. I am so thankful to have a house big enough to accommodate everyone and we weren’t climbing all over each other the entire time. Joe, Ella and I have a week to relax, then we head to Colorado to spend a week with Joe’s family. It’s a great time of year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "rockie" story is so cute. Merry Christmas!

Melanie

Jennifer Hawthorne said...

Alea sticks her fingers in HER nose and then tries to put them in mine. Funny how they learn about things huh? Merry Christmas to you. Love, Jen