Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 2 – Animal Kingdom


Friday morning we woke up bright and early and headed to Animal Kingdom.  This was my first visit to Animal Kingdom, so I wasn’t sure what to expect.

We decided to kick things off by heading to the Safari.  This was so awesome!  We rode in these trucks and drove around various animal habitats in Africa, just like we were on a real safari.  Ella was a scared that the animals were going to get her, but we assured her that she was safe and mommy and daddy would protect her.





Next we headed to the Lion King show.  Wow!  That’s all I can say about it, WOW.



Aunt Gina did a great job of planning a special lunch for today at Donald’s Safari Lunch.  We got to meet Donald, Mickey, Goofy and Daisy.  I fully expected Ella to freak out, but she didn’t.  She went up to each of them without a problem and gave everyone a hug and posed for a picture.


Of course we took a break to watch the parade, then headed to the 3D movie “It’s tough being a bug.”  None of the kids liked it and I know at least 2 screamed through most of it (Ella included).  We ended up taking off her 3D glasses and holding her face down in my chest while she yelled, “I’m done!  I want to leave!”  Luckily it was only 10 minutes long.


The last show of the day was “Finding Nemo.”


It was a wonderful day!  We only hit up about half of what Animal Kingdom had to offer, and unfortunately the grown-ups didn’t hit Expedition Everest, which we hear is the greatest ride in all of Disney’s theme parks.  I am confident this won’t be our last trip to Animal Kingdom so we’ll have to be sure and ride that on our next visit.

No comments: