Saturday, October 8, 2011

Not much happening

Once again, I apologize for not posting sooner.  This time I can blame our computer monitor.  It’s never a good sign when you go to turn on your computer, then smell something funky, then see smoke coming from your monitor that keeps blinking on and off.  Needless to say, our monitor went kaput.  Thankfully our friends let us borrow an extra one they had, so we’re back on track and I can finally update this blog.

Things are going well.  Ella is doing well in school and still loves going each day.  Each morning as she’s getting ready she tells me how Mrs. Bull is going to love something she’s wearing.  Tuesday is was, “Mommy, I think Mrs. Bull is really going to love my Mickey shirt.”  Thursday she said, “Mommy, I think Mrs. Bull is really going to love my braid [in my hair].”  And Friday she said, “Mommy, I think Mrs. Bull is really going to like my One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish shirt.”

Music class is also going well.  I know about 1/3 of the kids names, so I’m making progress.  And I think I’ve found some songs that the kids enjoy.  Of course now that I’m finally getting used to all of this I have to start planning the Christmas program and choosing Christmas songs.  Why can’t every class just sing “Away in a Manger?”

Grammy Janet came to visit last weekend and we all had a lot of fun with her.  I won't mention anything about how she and I went to Moe's for lunch and completely stuffed our faces.
We did learn about one of Ella's new tricks.  Each night when Ella goes to bed I pull her door closed so that Joe and I can be in our room or the computer room and not bother her.  Then before we go to bed I open her door so that I can hear her if she needs us.  For about a week I was getting really confused because I would go check on her in the middle of the night and her door would be closed.  I'd open it, assuming I had just forgotten, and in the morning it would be closed again.  I wrote all of this off as a) a random gust of wind from her fan or b) I was losing my mind.  One night I opened her door and said to myself, "Katie, you just opened her door...remember that."  The next morning her door was closed again.  Finally I asked Ella if she was getting up and closing her door.

So here's where Stinkerella earned her sweet girl claims she can't climb up on her bed during the day (we didn't have a step stool for her).  She won't even climb down in the morning and waits until someone comes to get her (she claims it hurts).  However, in the middle of the night when she would wake up and see that her door was open she would climb down her bed, close her door, then step on her stuffed animals to climb back in bed and go to sleep.  Grammy and I went out and got her a little step stool so now she doesn't have to use her animals to climb back into bed.

She's such a sneaky girl!  The good news is that I can be sneaky too and every night I purposefully leave her door open so that she'll get the exercise of getting in and out of bed to close it.

Not much else is happening around the Murray house, so this post is pretty boring.  I just didn’t want you to think we had forgotten about you.

No comments: