Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stuck

Well, the east coast storm hit Alexandria and completely messed up the Murray’s Christmas plans. We were supposed to leave this morning for Wyoming. Instead, I’m sitting at home watching the snow fall.

Right now, this is what my car looks like.

I’m bummed. I want to be in Casper. I want to be sitting next to the fire that my dad built while my mom makes a wonderful dinner. I want to be watching Ella and my nephews play. I want to talk to my brother and sister-in-law. I want Ella to see her grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins. I’m totally and completely bummed.

The good news is that it can’t snow forever, and for now the forecast is showing that by tomorrow morning the snow will have stopped. Our flight has been rescheduled for Monday afternoon. This cut our trip short by 2 days, so I was able to barter with the airline and now we get to return 2 days later, which means we won’t lose any time with the family.

For now, we are sitting in our warm house, watching a movie, drinking egg nog, and waiting for the snow to stop.





No comments: